Keep in mind that there are as many different types of ads as there are different reasons to advertise, the most common of which is to produce leads.
As you decide on material, consider the following:
- What is amazing about your product?
- Is a clear competitive advantage communicated? One that promises a meaningful benefit? People buy benefits, not features -- and 90% of readers only read the headline.
- Would the world's harshest skeptic believe what you're saying?
- Will browsers pay attention to your ad?
- Will they know what step to take next?
Then give it a chance to work. Advertisements are often abandoned or changed before they have a chance to work but ads gain strength as time passes as brand awareness grows and confidence builds on past ads. Ads such as Nike's "Just do it" and American Express's "Don't leave home without it" would not have been successful if they had not been repeated over and over, over time.